Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Outstanding in the Field

I'm stoked! I just reserved seats for my mom, my husband, and I to attend an truly unique dinner with the worldwide moveable feast called Outstanding in the FieldOutstanding in the Field is a moving culinary adventure with the mission to re-connect diners to the land and the origins of their food.  Since 1999 they have set up amazingly long and fabulous tables at farms, gardens, on mountain tops, in sea caves, on islands, at ranches, in refurbished barns, in greenhouses, and even unique museum. The main theme of all the dinners however has been to honor the people whose hard work brings our food to the table. Ingredients for the dinners are almost all local sourced and prepared by a well-known guest chef from the region. When guests arrive they mingle and enjoy a glass of wine, tour the site, and then settle in for an amazing family style dinner with all sharing the long table. Personally, I adore how long tables create a cozy intimate family feel.  Will you be incorporating long tables into your wedding or next event?   {Vicki}
Outstanding in the field

No comments:

Post a Comment