Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Destination Venue- Rosewood Mayakobá



We recently coordinated a wedding for one of our clients in sunny, warm Me-hee-co. The wedding was held at a boutique resort north of Cancun in the Riviera Maya. After the wedding I planned a short trip South to the Rosewood Mayakobá Resort as a site visit for one of our 2011 destination couples. After my visit I can say, they will not be disappointed in this resort. 

When Phong and I arrived we were greeted with non-alcoholic mojitos that were delish. Since mojitos are one of my favorite refreshments, Rosewood was already racking up bonus points in my book. We were promptly checked in and whisked off on a super cute wooden boat to our suite.  As we enjoyed welcome snacks on the boat of fresh fruit, and finished our drinks, we floated down the canals and eventually arrived at our suite's private dock.  The plunge pool looked inviting and the suite was picture perfect. 

The standard suites include a private plunge pool; luxurious tub; inside rain shower; outside rain shower; a second floor roof-top daybed, perfect for sunsets and soaking up rays; an extremely comfortable bed, that I didn't want to leave after working a wedding the previous night; and sheets that I just wanted to put in my suitcase before I checked out.  

During our oh too short stay,  
the event planner at the Rosewood treated myself and one of the local florists (that I adore) to a walk through. This local florist has supplied my clients with some amazing flowers and always goes above and beyond. I can't wait to work with her again in 2011. 

During the 
tour we looked at the beach deck, the location for the ceremony which overlooks the blue ocean; multiple spots for the perfect cocktail hour; the restaurant area, that will be used for the reception;  and the garden, where the welcome dinner will be served. Every area at Rosewood was immaculate, giving us a great starting point. By just adding a few simple details my clients are sure to have the magical wedding of their dreams. Here are some images that I took along the way. I really didn't want to leave. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment